Registration is closed for Spring 2016. Please check back in late May for fall registration.
Games will start mid-april 2016
Stow Soccer Club Travel Soccer (Outdoor) Spring/Fall - Ages U9 to U14
Spring Season runs Mid-April to Mid-June.
Fall Season runs Mid-August to Early-October.
• The Stow Soccer Club Teams play in G.A.A.S.A. (Greater Akron Amateur Soccer Association) and O.H.T.S.L.(Ohio Travel Soccer league) and play various teams from the surrounding Northeast Ohio communities. The league and teams are governed by OYSAN (Ohio Youth Soccer Association-North) and US Club Soccer.
• Travel distance is usually within a 20-60 mile radius of the Akron area.
• Games are played weekly, mostly on Saturdays or Sundays depending on division. Some weekday games can be expected.
• The travel teams are divided by age and skill level (when possible). Accommodations can not always be made for requests to play with friends. Players are evaluated and placed on teams accordingly.
• Teams are coached by volunteer parents and our own Stow Soccer Club coaching staff who run at least two, 90-minute practices per week. All coaches must submit to a background check and be licensed by the league.
• Players may "play up" on an older team, but may not play down on a younger team. All coaches and assistant coaches have passed a criminal background check, have complied with HB 143 - The Return to Play Law, regarding concussions, and have at least and "E" coaching license from OYSAN (Ohio Youth Soccer Association North).
Cost: $135.00 (early registration discount of $25.00)
PRACTICE FIELD LOCATIONS:
U9 to U11 age groups
Oregon Trails Park
2913 Graham Road
Stow, Ohio 44224
When needed, an additional practice field can be used at:
Riverwoods Community Chapel
1407 Fairchild Ave.
Kent, Ohio 44240
U11 to U14 age groups
Silver Springs Park
4998 Stow Rd.
Stow, Oh. 44224
When needed an additional practice field can be used at:
5080 Fishcreek Road
Stow, OH 44224
- Soccer ball – Size 4 for age groups U9 through U12. Size 5 for age groups U13 through U14.
- Shin Guards
- Water bottle with water.
- Stow soccer uniform. (Two Jersey, 1 short, and socks purchased at registration)
- SOCCER SHOES WITH MOLDED CLEATS (no metal spikes or baseball/football cleats with a toe cleat allowed in league play)
•Players will receive a game and practice schedule from their coach about 7-14 days prior to the start of the season.
•All players should dress appropriately for the weather. In case of cooler weather, it is easier to take off the extra clothing as opposed to being chilled.
•Practices and games are held even during rain showers. Sessions are only cancelled for weather at the discretion of the referee and/or coach.
•Please arrive at least 20 minutes before each game and 5 to 10 minutes before practice so that we may be able to start on time.
•Please write your player’s name on his/her soccer ball in several places in permanent marker so that a forgotten ball can be returned. Please make sure your player has all clothing and equipment before leaving practices and games.
Stow SC Travel Soccer